Suddenly this summer


Except that we’re still in May. I’m not sure that the reason my roses are opening a bit early (as far as I can tell from reviewing former posts) is totally due to the recent high temps—it could be that an early April dose of organic amendments did the job.


In any case, here they are and here we are, thrown into that hurry up phase of late spring when everything has to happen instantly. Pots, hanging baskets, and gaps in beds all have to be filled; weeds eliminated; fountain set up; pond cleaned; and any lingering problems dealt with. I have piles of empty pots and flats everywhere, the result of a feverish week of planting.

It’s time to stop and smell the roses, but I’m not quite ready. Shown here are the gigantic yellow climber behind the garage and a close-up of Abraham Darby.

Comments

Hopefully the roses would stay longer... ~bangchik
I hope you can slow down enough to smell the roses. They are gorgeous. Here we are hunkering down in the shade with our iced tea and hose in hand. What weather.
Perry said…
What a great weather! Seems like you made the most of it.
CommonWeeder said…
My roses are starting to bloom a little early too. The weather has been so variable its hard to assign a reason.

Popular Posts