Monday, July 14, 2008

Looking on the bright side


Having been rather ill-natured about my rudbeckia, it’s only fair to celebrate what’s going right this month. Above is an image you’ve seen on this blog many times: Golden Splendor trumpet lilies. They are offered under various names by several companies; I’ve tried a few but I don’t know which are which. Old House Gardens says their bulbs are the true ones, but I seem to remember they were out of stock when I ordered them. So … whatever. They come up reliably year after year and seem to last longer than the regales or the pink ones. I tried a Copper King variety, I think it was called, and it only came up once. These yellow ones are faithful.


In my garden, containers and annuals are very important. Here’s a pretty juxtaposition of a jasmine I overwinter every year with some white petunias in an old coffeepot. I have over 30 containers in various places, and I rely on them. You can control what’s going on in them so much more, sometimes, than in the beds.

9 comments:

Blackswamp_Girl said...

I think that you have to NOT want the Copper Kings to come back... I planted a couple that I wish wouldn't return, because I don't particularly like the softness of their color in my garden, so of course they're blooming their heads off. And I would rather have your pretty yellow color instead!

By the way, I thought about you as I caught up on my newspaper reading this weekend. There was a great write-up on Garden Walk Buffalo in the Cleveland Plain Dealer, so maybe you'll see an influx of Ohioans this year.

cindee said...

I love your yellow lillies!!!

EAL said...

Thanks, Kim, our PR guy told us--he does an awesome job. Maybe you'll be one of them!

These days I am amazed by the over 20 smaller neighborhood and suburban walks that have sprung up in GW's wake.

Dee/reddirtramblings said...

I love the jasmine. Smells delightful. I don't have much luck with true lilies. They come up one year and then die away.~~Dee

Colleen said...

Cute container! That's one of the next things I want to do in my garden is have containers available to fill the bare spots. My garden looks pretty bare after the oriental poppies die back.

There was a short write up in the Detroit Free Press about Garden Walk as well.

Lisa at Greenbow said...

Those yellow lilies are tremendous. What luck that they come back so faithfully.

I love containers but I haven't very many of them. They do fill voids where the tree roots are so thick.

I Ponder said...

ooooooo Copper King! such a heavenly scent, I grew it alongside the veranda where its fragrance sweetened the evening air. Planted alongside a Bohemian Olive, mmmmm, the colour combo was lovely. Unfortunately I've lost all the lilies due to that Red Japanese Lily Beetle :( All my lilies are now gone, memories in photos.

Jon said...

Always a treat to my tired, sick eyes to visit your blog with its lovely photos. I love those yellow lillies also!

Jon at Mississippi Garden

sex999 said...

A片,A片,情色,情色,A片,A片,情色,情色,A片,A片,A片下載,做愛,成人電影,.18成人,日本A片,情色小說,情色電影,成人影城,自拍,情色論壇,成人論壇,情色貼圖,情色,免費A片,成人,成人網站,成人圖片,AV女優,成人光碟,色情,色情影片,免費A片下載,SEX,AV,色情網站,本土自拍,性愛,成人影片,情色文學,成人文章,成人圖片區,成人貼圖

美女交友,AIO交友愛情館,AIO,成人交友,視訊交友網,視訊交友,拓網交友,PC交友,視訊交友90739,交友,情色交友,聊天室交友,辣妹視訊,視訊辣妹,美女視訊,視訊美女,情色視訊,日本AV,免費視訊聊天,視訊聊天,AV女優,AV,視訊聊天室,視訊,免費視訊,情人視訊網,本土自拍,自拍,AVDVD,SEX,微風成人,微風論壇,微風成人區,成人網站,成人,成人電影,嘟嘟成人網,成人貼圖,成人影片,成人圖片區,成人圖片,18成人,成人小說,成人影城,成人文章,成人論壇,愛情公寓,情色論壇,情色,色情聊天室,色情,情色貼圖,情色文學,色情小說,情色小說,寄情築園小遊戲,色情遊戲,情色電影,情色網,做愛,UT聊天室,聊天室,聊天,哈拉聊天室,豆豆聊天室,尋夢園聊天室,聊天室尋夢園,080苗栗人聊天室,苗栗人聊天室,080中部人聊天室,080聊天室,中部人聊天室,柔情聊天網,6K聊天室,小高聊天室,上班族聊天室,免費A片,A片,成人聊天室,一夜情聊天室,情色聊天室,色色網,免費AV