Strolling where the dandelions bloom


I had no idea these bloomed in fall, but then my horticultural knowledge isn’t what it could be. We had a lovely walk around Delaware Park Lake where we enjoyed this bright vista as well as the still-green foliage.


And here’s an image of the patron saint of the park, Mike’s Dave. This is definitely a NIMG; I would love it but the thing is 17 feet tall. Back home I had to take pity on the container plants and water them; plus, it occurred to me that I won’t have much luck saving some of these over the winter if I kill them through deprivation first. In horrible contrast to the balmy weather, the Christmas stuff is already in the supermarkets.

I guess people in warmer latitudes are used to that incongruence.

Comments

Unknown said…
Looks like fall dandelion or devil's paintbrush to me, Elizabeth. I occasionally see the regular dandelion bloom here at this time of year, but we have plenty of fall dandelion and devil's paintbrush here and there. I happen to be one of those rebels who actually LIKES dandelions (of all sorts)...
chuck b. said…
I would totally have a 17-foot-tall naked man statue in my backyard.

Can you say "hanging basket"?
lisa said…
Haha Chuck! I can see it now...;-)

Popular Posts