Pond in progress



Two trucks worth of pond guys came this morning; by afternoon it will be finished. I hastily (having spent the previous evening drinking mojitos with friends in the garden rather than moving plants) moved all the plants about an hour before they came, but I think that's best. They will spend as little time out of the ground as possible. (Mojitos are an excellent way to use up whatever mint you might have coming up here and there.)



If I had sat down and thought about it, I could not have come up with a worse time to move these early summer-blooming perennials, but they're all quite sturdy, even aggressive, and he's leaving me some space so some of them can encircle the pond.
It will be fun to rearrange them; it will give me a opportunity to actually think about where I am putting plants. That would be new.

So by 4 p.m. or so (maybe earlier), this (below) will become …

Comments

LostRoses said…
You're making progress now, Elizabeth, I'm looking forward to seeing the results. I would probably have been drinking mojitos WHILE moving the plants which might have been disastrous. I admire your restraint!
Carol Michel said…
Looking forward to seeing the finished pond. If the pictures are a little blurry, I guess that will mean you've been drinking mojitos to celebrate the completion of the pond.
lisa said…
Cool! Now all you need is a drumroll....
Annie in Austin said…
There seems to be no pond in our future, neither the natural and traditional kind you're making, nor the Texas stock tank on decomposed granite versions. I'll just groove along vicariously with your experience, Elizabeth... well maybe not mojitos... maybe with my new favorite which is a mint julep made with Southern Comfort.

Thanks for sharing the construction.

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

Popular Posts