Friday, March 16, 2007

Late and cheating, besides: Bloomday in Buffalo



Nonetheless, I've very proud of this Grand Soleil d'Or narcissus, which I planted and gave as a gift at a holiday party. I have no idea of when it actually bloomed, but I do know these take much longer than the average paperwhites—maybe even eight weeks. Anyway, the recipient didn't send me this image until yesterday so: voila!

Of course, I could display some miserable pictures of the few half-petrified snowdrops I've seen outside, or maybe some even more pathetic and very unpromising hellebore buds. I don't think so.

I'm so impressed by these that next year I may keep some around for myself. They justify their difficulty.

2 comments:

Annie in Austin said...

Nice gift, EAL! And at least you will someday see those snowdrops or Hellebores. They won't grow in my climate, so I hope you post photos of yours.

Annie at the Transplantable Rose

Carol said...

My hellebore buds seem unpromising, too. They are there, but seem frozen. I don't know if it was the February snow they were buried in for weeks, or what their problem is.

I do like this little narcissus though. As they say, better late than never.