Fun with flowers



Tomorrow I am providing the flower arrangements for a benefit dinner we're organizing (as well as cooking a good part of the food, but I won't get into that) and one of my fellow board members read somewhere about using gerberas in little shot glasses of varying heights, I guess about five to a table. The lowness of it sounds right. And I love gerberas at this time of year; their warmth is very welcome, and there's no scent to interfere with the food.

I'll report back on how it turns out. Boy, those suckers are kinda expensive, even with a discount, but I refuse to work with mums or carnations. Though—I've heard from a event designer friend that amazing things are being done with carnations these days. Towering constructions of carnations and baby's breath are apparently all the rage.

Comments

Unknown said…
Carnations... even towering... are not ever going to grace my table, personally. They smell too much like "funeral flowers" to me!
Anonymous said…
I have to admit, your title peeked my interest, as I sit here drinking a glass of wine. And I agree, carnations and mums are a flower of the past, 80's maybe?
I am new to the world of blogging and look forward to exploring your site more!

Cheers.

Popular Posts